HAL Contact Help and Answers to FAQs
Please read the list below to see which applies to your specific situation. Selecting the correct option will result in the quickest possible response.
- Want to JOIN HAL NOW? Click here.
- If you want to inquire about the status of your membership application, click here. This is only for your HAL membership NOT for email groups, Facebook, etc. Note: Current members that wish to see when their membership expires can find this information after logging into their HAL account.
- If you received a notification email that your HAL password was changed but did NOT request a password change, click here.
- If you can't log in to your HAL account because you forgot your HAL Username and/or Password, click here.
- If you would like someone to speak about HAL and/or astronomy at your Howard County school or organization, click here. Note: HAL has only limited bandwidth for this.
- If you would like members of your organization to attend a scheduled Public HAL star party at Alpha Ridge Park, click here.
(By providing the date of a currently scheduled HAL public star party and the estimated number of attendees, we can ensure the proper level of support. Click on the Star Party Info menu item under News/Events to find the star party schedule.)
[We do not currently support custom star parties at your location or private star parties at Alpha Ridge Park. However, we would be glad to host your group at an already scheduled event.]
- If your question is about whether HAL plans to hold a star party for a specific event, please check the HAL Calendar and the Star Parties and Outreach pages.
If it's not listed, there is no planned event. Occasionally, special star parties are held for certain events such as meteor showers, etc. However, those are communicated via HAL's E-mail List. Anyone can join this e-mail list on the E-Mail List web page.
- If you want to buy, resell, or donate equipment, please sign up for our HAL e-mail list.
More information about cash or property donations can be found here.
- If you want to opt out of your current HAL e-mail group subscription, send a blank message from the e-mail account your are registered with to: email@example.com
- If you have questions, comments, or issues with the website itself,or problems signing up for an email group or Facebook, please fill out and submit this Webmaster/Social List Admin HAL Help Request form.